Re: School Communication App for your phone
Welcome back to the summer term at Scoil Naomh Eltin.
As a green school we have decided to try and eliminate paper correspondence. The school is delighted to announce that we will shortly roll out the Aladdin Schools Connect to parent/guardian of children in our classes.
Aladdin Connect is an app individualized to your family. It is a fantastic way to enhance a school's communication with parents. It enables parents to stay connected and informed about their child's education by:
- Ensuring that the school has their most up to date contact information
- Keeping parents informed of their child's attendance
- Keeping parents up to date on school and classroom news via notice board messages
- Allowing parents view their child's approved report card
- Giving parents the option to opt in to share contact information with their child's classmates parents via the Parent Privacy option for the class list.
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
- Helping to reduce the amount of class/school notes being sent home
- Enabling easy access to the school calendar
- Helping the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises
- Reducing costs by eliminating the need to send school report cards by post
- Reducing costs by reducing the number of text messages that need to be sent
This evening, you will receive a text message containing your registration link. There will be one link per parent, which will allow the parent to access information for all their children in the school from one user account. We would encourage all parents/guardians to download the app to their phone.
Please do not forward this text or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school. During registration you will choose a password that will be used in conjunction with your email address to securely access the Aladdin Connect going forward.
If you choose you may share your own contact details with other parents of children in the same class as your children, but please be reassured that this information will not be shared unless you choose to share it. This will replace the PA Contact List.
Once you are registered you will be sent an email with links to download the Aladdin Connect App for your mobile device. The main advantage of using the App is to receive immediate alerts for app messages sent by your school. Downloading the App is highly recommended to enhance both the parent and school's Connect experience.
We hope that you enjoy using Aladdin Connect. The secretary or myself will welcome any feedback or questions you may have.
Is mise le meas,
Susan O’ Hanrahan