To: Parents of First Holy Communion children 2019
Enrolment Mass Saturday 29th September 2018 at 6.30pm
This weekend we begin the parish preparation programme for First Eucharist. The journey we begin is not just for your child, it is also for yourself as parents and for our Faith Community. We are all called to affirm and support one another in the faith. At the last supper, Jesus said, ‘Do this in memory of me’. Each group of children who prepare for First Communion help us to remain faithful to that promise.
ENROLMENT MASS FOR FIRST COMMUNION
Please note the following:
- If you have not already done so, please collect your child’s Thumb Book, Enrolment Certificate, prayer for Sacred Space and schedule of ‘Do This in Memory’ Masses from the Parish Office by Friday 28th September (open 9.30am – 12.45pm. Phone 021 4773821).
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes before Mass begins. Parents sit with their children in the main body of the church. This is a regular Saturday evening vigil Mass, it is good to be aware of others present.
- Please read pages 5 to 9 of the Thumb Book with your child a few days before the Mass.
- Bring your child’s Enrolment Certificate with name and signature on it, and your child’s Thumb Book.
- After the Homily, parents come forward with their children to the front of the church to make their promise, and then we renew Baptism promises.
- At Communion time, come forward with your child, with their hands crossed over their chest, for a prayer of blessing.
- After Mass come to the front of the church to collect a candle for the prayer space in your home and the ‘Grapevine’ newsletter. Please read the Gospel reading in the ‘Grapevine’ before the next ‘Do This in Memory’ Mass.
I hope that you find the Grapevine Newsletter useful as you and your child prepare for their First Eucharist.
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday and to working with you during the year of preparation.