1. Please see attached letter and documents which the Minister for Education has just issued this evening. These contain information for parents and pupils in preparation for the reopening of schools.
2. Please see attached also information form the HSE for parents which has just issued.
2. Please also see a visual map of the school which will guide you through the school access plan which you will find on the logistics plan.
3. Your child may bring their school bag and books to school tomorrow, Staff will collect all books and these will be kept in school for now.
4. You have been asked to provide your child with a washbag containing various items. For the moment can you keep this at home. We will be using automatic soap dispensers and disposable paper towel in school to wash and dry hands. Sanitisers have been installed all throughout the school so your child will not need to bring sanitiser with them.
5. As the induction period for the next four school days is for a short period your child will not need a snack. You may however wish to give them a drink.
On behalf of all the school staff can you please let your child/children know that we are so looking forward to welcoming them back to school.
I wish to thank you for your continued support and above all ask for your thoughts and prayers as we reopen our school.
Susan O' Hanrahan
I hope you and your family are keeping well.
Following school closure on March 12th 2020 we now look forward to re-opening our school safely, in line with Department of Education and Skills guidance and recommendations.
This will require the co-operation of all members of our School Community – BoM, School Leadership Team, Staff, Parents and Pupils.
The Department of Education and Skills recently issued documents relating to the Reopening of Schools .
1. Reopening Our Schools : The Roadmap for the Full Return to School
2. COVID -19 Response Plan fpr the safe and sustainable reopening of Primary and Special Schools.
Scoil Naomh Eltin is preparing its reopening plan in line with these guidelines and attached you will find the schools COVID-19 Policy Statement as per Department of Education and Skills guidelines.
All of the above documents are available to view on our school website.
The BoM will keep you informed of re-opening plans as they evolve and will share with you how you may support the school in its re-opening safely.
We are currently finalising the details of our re-opening plan. The school will open on Wednesday August 26th. There will be an initial induction period whereby classes will be welcomed to school at different times to allow staff to practice safe school access and to ensure a smooth transition for each student. We are aware that students have been out of school for almost six months and understand that returning may be a challenge for some. Our initial focus will be on student safety, emotional well being and security.
We anticipate with hope the return of our students to school. We will be in touch with you early next week with the final reopening plan.
Mr Donal Herlihy (Chairperson Board of Management)
Susan O’ Hanrahan (School Principal)
Please see attached documentation from the Department of Education and Skills in relation to the reopening of our school. The school Board of Management is currently preparing for reopening and is preparing its COVID-19 Response Plan.
1. Reopening of Our Schools
The Roadmap for the Full Return to School
2. COVID-19 Response Plan for the safe and sustainable reopening of Primary and Special Schools.